Why Attend this Course?
- You want to assess your eligibility for the Senior role as Professional BA and identify gaps in your knowledge or experience.
- You’ll learn the hard and soft skills and responsibilities and take a self-assessment test.
- You are considering applying for IIBA CBAP professional certification and want to plan now for it.
- In this course, you’ll develop a personalized certification plan for accumulating the experience required for qualifying to sit the CBAP exam.
- You are considering a move up from Junior to Senior BA Professional and are not sure what the enhanced role involves.
- In this course, you’ll learn what the marketplace expects in the senior role.
- You require tips now for carrying out Senior BA Professional activities.
- In this course you’ll learn tips for initiating communication with stakeholders and keeping them involved, learn tips for managing conflicts amongst stakeholders, learn how to assist the PM in assessing and mitigating requirements risks and learn rules of thumb for selecting the right techniques for the right project.
What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
Actionable personalized plan for qualifying for and preparing for CBAP certification for becoming a BA professional The only course to clarify the distinction between BA staff levels (Junior vs. Senior (Professional) BA)
What you will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Be able to assess your readiness and current qualifications for sitting the CBAP™ exam
- Understand the professional BA certification process (CBAP™: Certified BA Professional) as administered by the IIBA™
- Prepare a plan leading to CBAP™ certification
- Know about key areas of the BABOK™ (BA Body of Knowledge)
- Categorize BA best practices within the BA Body of Knowledge (BABOK™) published by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA™)
- Explain the 6 key BA Knowledge Areas as defined in the BABOK™
- Understand the difference between a Junior and a Professional BA (Senior BA)
- Be aware of the responsibilities and business ethics expected of a Professional BA
Outline for CBAP Overview ? Preparing to Become a BA Professional Training
1. Features of workflow modeling
- Evolution of Business Process Modeling
- Object flows
2. Characteristics of a Professional BA
- The BA role both in an IT and non-IT context
- Difference between BA levels: Junior BA vs. Professional (Senior) BA
- Best practices that characterize a Professional Business Analyst
- Types of requirements
- How project type impacts the tasks performed by the Professional BA
- Requirements risks and mitigation strategies for different types of projects
- Tips for fostering good stakeholder relationships
- Tips for promoting good information sharing
- Tips for diffusing stakeholder conflicts
3. Overview of Underlying Competencies as defined in the BABOK™
4. Overview of the IIBA™ and BABOK™
- What services does the IIBA™ provides to the Professional BA?
- Purpose of the BABOK
- Definition of BA Knowledge Areas as contained in the BABOK™
- Tips for designing surveys
- Activities and deliverables used by the Professional BA in the following BA Knowledge Areas:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirements Management and Communication
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
5. CBAP™ Eligibility and Application Procedure
- Overview of the professional BA certification program administered by the IIBA™
- The CBAP™ accreditation process
- Self-assessment re: readiness to acquire CBAP™ accreditation
- Requirements for work experience and knowledge
- What type of experience is eligible/ ineligible
- Required references
- Professional Development
- Other requirements
- What to expect when you sit the CBAP exam
6. Building a BA Professional Development Plan
7. Market forces driving the demand for BA Professionals
8. Overview of emerging standards in IT governance, and Service Management
- CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, PIPEDA