Before attending this course, students should have:
- Experience in developing analytical reports.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Decide whether to use Business Intelligence Development Studio or Report Builder 3.0 to develop reports.
- Understand and be able to articulate the difference between classifications of graphs and which type of graph is best utilized and targeted to the type of data to be represented. Fully develop reports with graphics and understand the methodology of working with the end users in the development of these reports.
- Add gauges to reports and understand the variances between linear and radial gauges and the limitations of those gauges.
- Deploy reports that contain graphics.
Who Can Benefit?
Report developers, power users and those interested in visualizations in reporting. This course is designed to enhance the skills of those that are generating reports using SSRS by adding graphs, gauges and maps.
Outline for Visualizing Data with Report Builder 3.0 Training
Module 1: Overview of VisualizationsLessons
- Goals of reporting
- Types of reports
- Attack of the images
- Using Business Intelligence Design Studio
- Using Report Builder 3.0
- Matching the chart to the data
- Choosing a type of chart to display the data New SQL 2008 Charts
- Chart Properties
- Sparklines Databars and Indicators Advanced Techniques
- Create each of the major types
- Sparklines, Databars, Indicators
- Matching gauges to the data
- Variations of gauges
- Selecting a gauge type
- Linear gauges
- Radial Gauges
- Linear Gauges
- Radial Gauges
- Multiple Gauges
- Spatial Data
- Basic maps
- Analyzing with color
- Geography display
- Color points
- Bing Maps