DevOps Computing Training in Calgary Can Get You Ahead!
Looking for a DevOps Computing course in Calgary? Here’s some insight to get you started!
Calgary, well known for the Calgary Stampede and cowboy culture in general, has been rated number five on The Economist’s list of most liveable cities in the world for two consecutive years. Calgary’s economy is driven by energy (Alberta has huge oil reserves), financial services, transportation, film and TV, manufacturing, and tourism but is also host to a growing technologies sector. As of 2017, there were approximately 27,000 technology professionals living and working in Calgary and initiatives led by Calgary Economic Development are underway to dub Calgary the next ”Silicon Valley North”. Competent programmers and developers, and individuals with solid DevOps experience who can proficiently analyze data and make recommendations to optimize technology use and business strategy — are in high demand.
Web Age DevOps classes are taught at locations throughout the Calgary area and other Alberta venues, delivered in traditional classroom style format. Online DevOps Training is also available in a synchronous instructor led format.
There has been a surge of DevOps IT careers in recent years and according to a report from Dice, the demand for DevOps will only increase. But why? According to the 2017 State of DevOps Report, effective DevOps practises results in high-performing teams who are 100% more likely to achieve or exceed objectives like operating efficiency, customer satisfaction and organizational goals. This results in faster delivery of stable software, at a lower cost, and ultimately the ability to pull ahead of the competition for organizations of all types and sizes.
DevOps training certification classes will teach you skills and tools to increase IT process efficiency and enable product innovation. Web Age works directly with many Calgary employers who have more open positions than they can fill.
What is DevOps? Should I attend Calgary DevOps classes?
DevOps, the melding of development and operations, is a set of software engineering processes and supporting tools that encourage development teams and operation teams to work side-by-side to eliminate conflict thus saving development time and costs. DevOps, primarily known for practises like continuous integration and frequent customer feedback, is one of the hardest tech jobs to fill.
The primary objective of a good DevOps engineer is to overcome the traditional communication barriers between software development, testing and operations. This means they must have solid development skills and be familiar with DevOps tools such as Git, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet and Nagios, but also possess the soft skills of a business analyst who can determine how any issue might affect the entire business, not just one particular project.
DevOps Events in Calgary and area
- Calgary Agile Methods User Group (Calgary, AB)
- Data Management and Intelligence Conference (Calgary, AB)
- iTech (Calgary, AB)
Devops Course Listings
- WA2451 DevOps Fundatmentals
- WA2593 DevOps for Leaders Training
- TP2671 Automated Testing with Selenium WebDriver
- WA2609 Enabling DevOps with Visual Studio 2015
- WA2591 Infrastructure / Configuration Management using Chef
- WA2543 DevOps Boot Camp
- WA2542 DevOps for Architects
- WA2507 Managing Clusters and containers with Kubernetes
- WA2451 DevOps Fundamentals
- WA2410 Introduction to Version Control with Git
- WA2404 Managing Software Dependencies and Artifacts with Nexus, Apache Maven, and Apache Ivy
- WA2321 Continuous Integration with Maven, Jenkins and Nexus
- WA2308 Continuous Integration with Maven, Jenkins and Artifactory
- WA2271 Continuous Integration with Jenkins for Developers and DevOps Initiatives
- WA2235 Apache Maven Quickstart
- WA2184 Maven Training: Introduction to Apache Maven
Get A Quote
Contact us to see how we can provide onsite customized training in Calgary for your team.
Suncor Energy Centre 5100, 150-6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 2C4
Toll Free: 1-877-812-8887