Cloud Computing Training in Calgary Can Get You Ahead!
Looking for a Cloud Computing course in Calgary? Here’s some insight to get you started!
Calgary is Canada’s fourth largest municipality and home to nearly 1.4 million people. Over one hundred thousand of Calgarians work in the energy sector, but Calgary isn’t just an oil and gas town. Many well-known technology companies call Calgary home including Shaw Communications and SMART Technologies, quickly earning the city the reputation of one of the fastest growing tech hubs in Canada. As of 2017, over 27,000 technology professionals called Calgary home and the city boasts the country’s highest concentration of entrepreneurs and start-ups per capita.
The cloud computing industry has seen a lot of maturity in the last decade. Now a $247 billion industry, cloud computing continues to grow as corporations shift their perceptions of the cloud from simply a cost-cutting measure to a “cloud-first” technology approach in all areas of their organization. Now more than ever, it’s important to stay on top of cloud computing technology trends and development practises to ensure you aren’t left behind. No doubt, skilled tech workers with cloud computing certification training are in high demand.
Web Age Cloud Computing classes are taught at locations throughout the Calgary area and other Alberta venues, delivered in traditional classroom style format or synchronous instructor led format.
What is Cloud Computing? Should I attend Calgary Cloud Computing classes?
Cloud computing is simply the use of the “cloud” (aka the Internet) to store, manage or process data rather than using a local network server or personal computer. Nearly all B2C applications use cloud computing in some capacity. Have a Gmail account? All your emails are stored in the cloud.
But cloud computing isn’t just about storing data online, there are three different categories of cloud computing services in use today:
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS): infrastructure in the cloud—servers, storage, and networking—that provide storage capacity or bandwidth. i.e. Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): IaaS plus middleware such as development tools, business intelligence (BI) services, and database management systems to support custom web application development i.e. AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): an application or suite of applications that are hosted in the cloud instead of a user’s hard drive i.e. Salesforce.com, Google Apps
Web Age Solution’s Cloud Computing Training explores a wide range of vendor specific Cloud Computing services, such as AWS, Azure, and OpenStack.
Cloud computing is quickly becoming the new normal as organizations realize the operational agility cloud computing offers:
- Flexibility: scale up/down cloud capacity on demand as you need
- Cost savings: no more upfront high hardware costs, instead pay-as-you-go plans
- Disaster Recovery: quickly implement cloud-based backup and recovery solutions with less cost
- Telecommuting: access data and applications from anywhere via the Internet
- Increased collaboration: teams can access, edit, share documents anytime, you can do more together
Cloud Computing Events in Calgary
- Canadian Enterprise Architecture Forum (Calgary, AB)
- iTech (Calgary, AB)
- Cyber Security Connect West (Calgary, AB)
- CIO Summit Calgary (Calgary, AB)
Cloud Computing Course Listings
- TP2670 Openstack Essentials
- WA1826 Designing Cloud Computing Solutions using OpenStack
- WA1929 Cloud Essentials for Architects using OpenStack
Get A Quote
Contact us to see how we can provide onsite customized training in Calgary for your team.
Suncor Energy Centre 5100, 150-6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 2C4
Toll Free: 1-877-812-8887