Agile Computing Training in Calgary Can Get You Ahead!
Looking for an Agile Computing course in Calgary? Here’s some insight to get you started!
Known as Cow Town by locals, Calgary, Alberta is ranked #5 Most Liveable City in the world out of 140 metro areas analyzed by The Economist and is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. Many FP500 companies including Enbridge, Suncor Energy and Imperial Oil are headquartered in Calgary. Job growth is steadily increasing and Calgary has seen 55% increase in tech companies involved in deal flow in the past four years. Now more than ever, it’s important to stay on top of technology trends such as Agile development practises to ensure you aren’t left behind.
Web Age Agile classes are taught at locations throughout the Calgary area and other Alberta venues, delivered in traditional classroom style format. Online Agile Training is also available in a synchronous instructor led format.
As of 2017, the Calgary Economic Development reports that Calgary is one of the fastest growing tech talent markets in Canada with over 27,000 technology professionals. Calgary employers are constantly on the hunt for competent programmers and developers, business analysts and project managers which Agile training and experience to lead large-scale software development projects that result in high-quality software even with aggressive deadlines. Hence, Agile training is essential for all IT workers to stay competitive in the workplace.
What is Agile? Should I attend Calgary Agile classes?
Agile is a set of processes used by software developers and project managers that allow for continuous planning and feedback. This allows teams to quickly develop high-quality software focused on users but flexible enough that changes to priorities and requirements can be introduced mid-project as the market demand changes.
There are many popular Agile methodologies such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Agile, Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), Lean Development, and Feature-Driven Development (FDD). Each Agile methodology has its own unique set of processes, but all adhere to the 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto and four common beliefs:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Agile Events in Calgary
- Calgary Agile Methods User Group (Calgary, AB)
- Agile Open Canada (Banff, AB)
- CIO Summit Calgary (Calgary, AB)
- iTech (Calgary, AB)
Agile Course Listings
- TP2658 Agile Engineering and Quality
- TP2690 Architecture for Agile Software Projects: The How-To-Guide Workshop
- TP2618 Powered Agile Scrum
- TP2617 SAFe 4.0 Product Manager / Product Owner Workshop (PMPO)
- TP2616 SAFe 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- TP2615 SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM)
- TP2614 SAFe 4.0 for Teams (SP)
- TP2613 Implementing SAFe 4.0 with SPC Certification (SPC)
- TP2612 Leading SAFe 4.0
- TP2576 Leading Agile Teams
- TP2575 Agile Estimating and Planning
- TP2574 Certified Product Owner
- TP2573 Agile for Managers
- TP2513 Real World Agile Project Management using JIRA Software
- TP2492 From Product Ideas to the Ideal Product
- WA2470 The Agile Solution Architecture Program
- WA2469 Introduction to Agile Architecture
- WA2136 Agile Testing & Quality Management
- WA2132 Scrum Master Certification
- WA2131 Agile for Product Owners Workshop
- WA2130 Agile Business Leadership
- TP2077 Agile Portfolio Management
- WA2076 Agile Project Management
- WA2074 Agile Engineering Best Practices
- WA2073 Agile Testing
- TP2072 Agile Overview for Executives and Leaders
- TP1984 Real World Agile
- WA1771 Overview of Agile for Product Owners
GET A QUOTE
Contact us to see how we can provide onsite customized training in Calgary for your team.
Suncor Energy Centre 5100, 150-6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 2C4
Toll Free: 1-877-812-8887