Prepare for the AWS SysOps Administrator Associate-level exam
It confirms that you understand the concepts of:
- Deploying, managing and operating scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS.
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data or security requirements.
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
This course will help prepare you for this certification: System Operations on AWS
About the Exam
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam includes multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. You will have 80 minutes to complete it. Exams are administered at PSI centers.
The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- At least one year of hands-on experience with the AWS platform.
- Professional experience managing/operating production systems on AWS.
- A firm grasp of AWS seven principles for architecting for the cloud.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS.
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
General IT Knowledge
- One to two years of experience as a systems administrator in a systems operations role.
- Understanding of virtualization technology.
- Experience monitoring and auditing systems.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP and firewalls).
- Ability to collaborate with developers and the business team across your organization.
AWS Associate-level certification holders are required to get recertified every two years in order to remain valid. Two ways to maintain Associate-level certification:
- Take a Recertification Exam. This is not the same exam as the original, but follows the same format.
Read more at AWS Recertification FAQs.
- Pass the Professional-level Exam. You can remain certified by earning either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.
The following course helps you prepare for this certification: