Prove Your Ability to Effectively Secure the AWS Cloud
Achieving the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security – Specialty certification enables tenured cloud security professional to demonstrate their ability to secure the AWS cloud. The exam is intended for cloud security pros who want to prove their:
- Understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms.
- Understanding of data encryption methods and how to secure Internet protocols, plus the AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- Working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment.
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features.
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements.
- Understanding of security operations and risk.
About the Exam
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam includes multiple choice, multiple answer questions. You will have almost three hours to complete the 65-question exam. Exams are administered at PSI centers.
You must hold an Associate-level or Cloud Practitioner certification to take this exam.
Recommended AWS Knowledge
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience designing and implementing security solutions.
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- Security controls for workloads on AWS.