To install WMQ on your machine please follow the installation instructions described in WebSphere MQ for Linux Quick Beginnings Version 6. Download the installation guide.
In the manual follow:
- Skip Chapter 1. “Migrating from an earlier version”
- Follow Chapter 2. Installing a WebSphere MQ server. Skip the language components that are irrelevant to your environment (English is the default).
- Chapter 3. Installing the WebSphere MQ for Linux Client.
Follow the “Standard Client” and “Installing the client on the same machine as a server” procedures.
Verify the set up
To verify the WMQ install please follow the verification instructions described in:
- WebSphere MQ for Linux Quick Beginnings Version 6
1. In the manual follow:
- Chapter 2. Verifying the server installation
- Follow the “Verifying a local installation” steps only
2. Use the TCP/IP PING command to verify network connections to other classroom machines
3. In the manual follow:
- Chapter 3. Verifying the client installation