- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 / Windows XP SP2
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (or higher) • Netscape 7 (or higher) / Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)
- WinZip 8.0 (or higher)
- Sun Java JDK v1.5 *
- JBoss v4.0.4 *
- MySQL v5.0.22 *
- MySQL JDBC Driver v3.1.13 *
- Apache v2.0.58 *
- Tomcat Connector v2.0.55 *
- JMeter Stress Testing Tool v2.1.1 *
- Log4j chainsaw v2 *
- JBoss Eclipse IDE v1.6.0 *
* - indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions on CD.
Receive the Supporting zip file by mail from Web Age Solutions.
Receiving the following CD from Web Age.
Perform the following steps to complete installation:
Uninstall Conflicting Software
Be sure the following software is not installed on the machines. If it is, uninstall it, reboot the machine and manually delete the old installation directories.
- Any version of Java, Java JDK, or J2SE Runtime.
- Any version of MySQL.
- Any version of Apache HTTP server.
- Microsoft IIS Web Server. To uninstall this use the "Add/Remove Windows Components" section of the normal "Add/Remove Programs" utility.
Student User for Labs
Provide a userid(s) for use by the students which has local administrative privileges on the machines that will be used. This is required as students will be installing applications and running server applications. If this requirement is an issue please contact the setup support person before the class to resolve this problem.
Extract Software from CD
Extract the contents of the "Software.zip" file on the CD directly to the C:\ drive of the computer. This will create a "C:\Software" directory with all of the software required for the class.
Click the link <MySQL v5.0> for installation instructions. The MySQL software will be in the directory "C:\Software\Downloads\MySQL".
Click the link <Apache v2.0.58> for installation instructions. The Apache software will be located in the directory "C:\Software\Downloads\Apache".
Extract the Student Lab Files
Unzip the lab folder in the WA1364-REL_*_*-Supporting.zip file into C:\ (This will create the C:\LabFiles folder).