Browse Our Free Resources
550 6th Av SW
821A Bloor Street West
409 Granville St
436 York Road
WA1088 J2EE Architecture and Patterns using Eclipse and JBoss Setup Guide
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 650 Mhz Pentium III
- 384 MB RAM minimum, 512 MB recommended
- 8 GB harddrive
- Network connection (Ethernet or token ring card)
- CD-ROM drive
- Connection to the Internet
Minimum Software Requirements
* - indicates software provided by Web Age Solutions.
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Adobe Acrobat Reader V6.0
- Netscape 4.7 or IE 6.0
- WinZip 8.0 or higher
- IBM DB2 UDB V8.1 Personal Developer Edition*
- J2SDK V 1.4.2 or higher*
- JBoss-3.2.3.Zip Application Server with tomcat bundle*
||Note: The drive with the installation files will be referred to as drive X:, please substitute this drive letter with the appropriate CD or network drive letter.
Receive the supporting zip file by email from Web Age Solutions.
Receive the following CD(s) from Web Age Solutions:
Install and setup the software in the following order (click the software title for installation instructions) :
- DB2 V8.1 PDE
- Unzip the Supporting zip file and from it copy the Struts Support and WA1088Labs folders to the C drive of each student’s machine.
- To install J2SE, follow the installation and setup instructions as mentioned at the link www.webagesolutions.com/install/Java2SDK_1.4.2.06.doc.
- Extract the contents of the jboss-3.2.3. zip file to the local hard drive to its default directory. The contents will be extracted to c:\ jboss-3.2.3.
- Click the link IBM DB2 V8.1 Personal Developer Edition for installation.
- Make sure you do the lab as the wasadmin user which is created during the DB2 Setup
- Extract the contents of the eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32.zip file to the local hard drive to its default directory. The content will be extracted to c:\eclipse.
- Extract org.jboss.ide.eclipse_1.3.30.bin.dist.zip to c:\jboss.ide
- To install JBoss-IDE 1.3.30, continue reading... Install JBoss-IDE 1.3.30
- Download Web Performance Tools from www.webagesolutions.com/download/WPT-184.108.40.206.exe using both username and password as access2. Install the software.