Advanced Skills Academy
IBM Mainframe Entry Level Academy
Web Age Solutions has been partnering with Fortune 500 companies, like yours, to provide their teams with the skills and knowledge of the most important areas for IBM Mainframe development.
Companies are investing in their people in order to address their current IBM Mainframe developer shortages due in a large part to the retirement of skilled, veteran developers.
Highlights of the Program:
- TSO/ISPF USER'S WORKSHOP – navigate the TSO/ISPF environment, allocate / delete / browse IBM datasets (files), submit batch jobs and review job output
- z/OS JCL BOOT CAMP – build, run and debug errors for basic JCL statements, build, run and debug JCL Procedures, build, run and debug IBM Data Utilities
- COBOL WORKSHOP – Design structured COBOL programs, Use basic and intermediate COBOL language statements to build, run and debug a structured program, use debugging tools as available
- DB2 FOR z/OS APPLICATION PROGRAMMING – Use DB2 to build, run and debug SQL statements for interactive use and in COBOL programs, explore performance of SQL statements
- CICS COBOL PROGRAMMING – Build, run and debug CICS pseudo-conversational programs, build CICS screen MAPs with Basic Mapping Support (BMS), SEND / RECEIVE screen MAPs, READ/WRITE VSAM files or DB2 tables
- VSAM, IDCAMS AND PROGRAMMING – Use the IDCAMS utility to DEFINE/DELETE/REPRO/PRINT VSAM datasets (KSDS, RRDS, ESDS), wirte COBOL programs to READ/WRITE/DELETE records to a VSAM file
À la carte:
- Option to build a custom program, take individual classes from the curriculum or develop individual custom courses using content from any of our over 400 in house developed courses.
- Custom development projects built around your company’s strategy and in-house applications.
Create your own Mainframe Academy, working with Web Age Solutions. The students will experience instructor led courses paired with hands on projects that mimic what they will manage in the workplace.