Intelligent Management provides capabilities that give your WebSphere Application Server environment better performance, throughput, scalability, availability, serviceability, and reliability, while reducing complexity and improving manageability.
In this course, you learn how to configure and monitor dynamic clusters, and how they should behave as different mixes of application requests are sent into the environment. You learn how to configure service policies that specify request importance and response time goals, and how to configure health policies to monitor for problems in your environment. You also learn how to use the application edition management features to roll out and validate new applications. The course also describes many other features of Intelligent Management.
The course concludes with a discussion of some of the design and deployment issues you must consider when you use Intelligent Management features.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course give you practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Intelligent Management. In the exercises, you complete tasks such as creating and monitoring dynamic clusters, configuring service policies, managing application editions, configuring health policies, and working with centralized log management and request-based tracing.
This intermediate course is designed for systems integrators, administrators, architects, and developers who are responsible for configuring, administering, or architecting solutions that include WebSphere Application Server.
You should complete one of the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration courses:
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (Remote Classroom) (VA585)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (Self-paced) (ZA585)
- Transition to WebSphere Application Server V8.5 for Administrators (WU805) or
- Transition to WebSphere Application Server V8.5 for Administrators (Remote) (VU805), or have a thorough understanding of the topologies and runtime administration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environments.