The Business Analysts Crash Course Training
The Business Analysts Crash Course Training
An intensive practical course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role – from requirements gathering to testing. The emphasis of the course is on learning practical tools and techniques that can immediately be put to use. All major techniques – both Structured and Object-Oriented (OO) – are addressed. Each trainee receives a hard copy of all course material as well as a Job Aids booklet, containing useful templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job.
Most large companies and organizations that rely heavily on software for business operations, employ Business Analysts to communicate business needs to software developers. When analysts do not do their job effectively, the result is incomplete or incorrect requirements – leading causes of spiraling development costs and project delays.
In the Crash Course, you’ll learn how to cut costs and delays by improving communication between business stakeholders and developers through comprehensive requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing results through structured testing and quality assurance.
Why Attend this Course?
- Most large companies and organizations that rely heavily on software for business operations, employ Business Analysts to communicate business needs to software developers. When analysts do not do their job effectively, the result is incomplete or incorrect requirements – leading causes of spiraling development costs and project delays.
- In the Crash Course, you’ll learn how to cut costs and delays by improving communication between business stakeholders and developers through comprehensive requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing results through structured testing and quality assurance.
What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
- Value for money: No course on the market offers this amount of content in so little time. How can we do this? By removing all of the “fat” traditionally found in BA courses.
- Tool-focused: This course focuses on the tools and techniques used by the BA to perform the role. Unlike in other introductory courses, you won’t waste time learning what you need to learn to be a BA; you’ll actually learn how to use the key BA techniques so you can hit the ground running.
- Scenario-based training: One integrated case study is used throughout the course to provide a consistent context for learning.
- Experience: Our course is written and delivered by professionals with extensive practical experience in business analysis.
- BABOK 2 alignment: Our course aligned with BABOK 2 – the Business Analyst Book of Knowledge published by the IIBA. It has been developed by BABOK reviewers and is aligned with BABOK 2 knowledge areas, tools and techniques.
- CBAP accreditation: The Crash Course has been reviewed and certified by the IIBA and is eligible for 14 credits towards CBAP (Certified BA Professional) accreditation.
What you will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve the quality of interviews with users using techniques that guide you through the process, showing you what questions to ask and when.
- Conduct requirements-workshop sessions (facilitated meetings) for capturing and verifying requirements, using state-of-the-art interviewing techniques – including use-cases and Object Oriented Analysis.
- Write a comprehensive and unambiguous Business Requirements Document, communicating the needs of the business to users and to the technical team.
- Use UML 2 – the current industry OO standard – in preparing business requirements and diagrams.
- Create requirements documentation that can be used as the basis for customized development, maintenance of existing systems and/or as selection criteria for off-the-shelf software.
- Gather business requirements using traditional Structured Analysis and Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Describe complex business logic and ensure completeness of testing using Decision Tables.
- Understand basic concepts of iterative development.
- Document user requirements with use-cases.
- Understand the BA role with respect to Quality Assurance and be able to facilitate Structured Walkthroughs in order to test the requirements.
- Understand the BA role in supporting the Project Manager on iterative, incremental IT projects.
- Entry-level IT Business Analysts and their managers
- Self-taught IT Business Analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps and puts all the pieces together
- Systems Analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into the business area
Outline of The Business Analysts Crash Course Training
- JAD (Joint Application Design)
- Business data modeling
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Use-cases: textual documentation and diagrams
- Work Flow Analysis
- Activity Diagrams
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Decision Tables
- Structured Testing principles and methods
- Structured Walkthroughs
- Black Box requirements-based testing including boundary value analysis
- Systems testing (Regression, volume, stress, usability, performance tests)
- Mapping Business Analysis tools to project development phases for:
- Waterfall methodologies
- Iterative methodologies
- Managing Requirements
- Structural Object-Oriented (OO) tools for the Business Analyst, using UML 2
- Class diagrams