Home > Training
Oracle Reports 10g: Build Reports Training
Oracle Reports 10g: Build Reports Training
Sophisticated graphical reports are possible with Oracle10g ODS Reports. This product is one of the most complex yet powerful graphical reporting tools available. With sufficient training, even some of the most complex reporting requirements can be satisfied using this tool. This course is presented in an intensive workshop format where participants absorb the complex topics of object hierarchies, frame hierarchies, field-level control of report output and many other subjects
Oracle Reports is one of the most functionally rich, and therefore complex, products available from Oracle Corporation. There is virtually no limit to the combination of options and features that can be used to produce reports. Within this course we seek to introduce you to this tool and explore some of the most commonly used techniques for publication of information.
The major objectives of this course are:
- Consideration of the structure of Oracle Reports, the Oracle Development Suite (ODS) and the overall Oracle enterprise architecture.
- Distribution of reports in all supported formats including HTML, HTML with embedded Java Server Pages, PDF and hardcopy.
- Quickly building prototypes with the various wizards of the Oracle Reports Builder tool.
- Customizing prototypes using the Report Editor.
- Individual field formatting for both web and paper layout.
- Advanced customization of the data model.
- Advanced customization of the layout objects.
- Utilizing specialty techniques such as parameters, reusable PL/SQL programs and template files.
The target audience for this course is application developers and designers, as well as their management, who will be developing Internet applications using the Oracle Reports product.
WA1373 Oracle Database 10g: Introduction to SQL
WA1475 Oracle Database 10g: Program With PL/SQL
Outline of WA1388 Oracle Reports 10g: Build Reports Training
1. INTRODUCTION TO ORACLE10g ODS & REPORTS
- ABOUT ORACLE10g ODS
- ABOUT THE ORACLE10g ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- MORE ABOUT ORACLE REPORTS
2. INTRODUCING THE REPORTS BUILDER WIZARDS
- AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WIZARDS
- WELCOME DIALOG WIZARD
- REPORT WIZARD
3. REPORT WIZARD PRODUCTIVITY FEATURES
- RE-ENTERING THE WIZARDS
- USING THE QUERY BUILDER TOOL
4. BUILDING MASTER-DETAIL REPORTS
5. REPORTS BUILDER INTERFACE – THE REPORT EDITOR
6. REPORTS BUILDER INTERFACE – THE OBJECT NAVIGATOR & PROPERTY INSPECTOR
- MORE ABOUT THE REPORTS BUILDER INTERFACE
- USING THE OBJECT NAVIGATOR
- WORKING WITH THE OBJECT NAVIGATOR
- THE VIEW MENU
- THE TOOLS MENU
- ABOUT THE PROPERTY INSPECTOR
7. FIELD FORMATTING
- ABOUT FIELD FORMATTING
- CHARACTER FORMATTING
- PAPER LAYOUT FORMATTING
- CONDITIONAL FORMATTING
8. THE GRAPH WIZARD
- ABOUT THE GRAPH WIZARD
- COMPLETING THE GRAPH WIZARD FOR WEB OUTPUT
- COMPLETING THE GRAPH WIZARD FOR PAPER OUTPUT
- MODIFYING THE GRAPH
9. REPORTS BUILDER INTERFACE – THE FILE MENU
- USING THE FILE MENU
- MODULE & SESSION CONTROL
- REPORT DISTRIBUTION
- MODULE ADMINISTRATION
10. REPORTS BUILDER INTERFACE – EDITING PREFERENCES
11. DATA MODEL VIEW – ENHANCING PROTOTYPE REPORTS
- USING THE DATA MODEL VIEW
- USING THE DATA WIZARD
- WORKING WITH DATA MODEL VIEW OBJECTS
12. LAYOUT OBJECTS
- ABOUT THE LAYOUT OBJECTS
- MORE ABOUT THE PAPER LAYOUT VIEW
- WHAT ARE THE LAYOUT OBJECTS?
- ADDING STANDARD OBJECTS
- ADDING WEB PROPERTIES TO OBJECTS
- THE REPORT BLOCK WIZARD
13. ADVANCED DATA MODELS – MULTI-GROUP & MULTI-BLOCK REPORTS
- ABOUT THIS REPORT
- BUILDING THE REPORT
- CUSTOMIZING THE LAYOUT & FILTERING DATA
14. ADVANCED DATA MODELS – MATRIX REPORTS
- ABOUT MATRIX REPORTS
- DEFINING A MATRIX REPORT
- CUSTOMIZING A MATRIX REPORT
- NESTED MATRIX REPORTS
15. UTILIZING REPORT PARAMETERS
- WHAT ARE PARAMETERS?
- SETTING PARAMETER VALUES
16. EMPLOYING PL/SQL
- MORE ABOUT PL/SQL & ORACLE REPORTS
- REPORT LEVEL TRIGGERS
- PROGRAM UNITS
- PL/SQL LIBRARIES
17. USING TEMPLATE FILES
- ABOUT TEMPLATES
- LAYOUT OBJECTS WITHIN TEMPLATES
We regularly offer classes in these and other cities. Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston,
Jacksonville, Miami, Montreal, New York City, Orlando, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington DC.