The objective of this course is to consider the logical design of relational databases using a methodology known as semantic data modeling and related practical techniques. This same course is also known by the name ORACLE10g DESIGNER DATA MODELING. Major subject areas to be explored are:
- Building a logical data model of increasing complexity and accuracy
- Transforming a logical model into a physical model for a relational database
- Using object oriented and semantic modeling techniques to refine a model
- Identifying classic structures and patterns which may be reused among many different models.
- Learn about star schemas, snowflake schemas and data warehouse models
- Introduce the use of a data model diagramming tool and CASE tools
- Consider the physical objects of a relational database and how they implement a logical model