Browse Our Free Resources
550 6th Av SW
439 University Av
409 Granville St
436 York Road
• Here is the Lab Setup Guide.
• Download the supporting files to do the Lab.
The Angular HTTP client service provides the ability to interact with REST web services from Angular applications. It is a best practice to perform this interaction from a custom service.
In this lab you will implement various methods in a custom service that will provide data to a completed component to display this data. Once the methods of the service are implemented, the features of the component displaying data will become active.
Part 1. Getting Started
This lab builds on a starter project. In this part you will unzip the starter project into your work area and check to make sure it works before moving forward. This project includes its own server and so does not need to be placed in an Apache htdocs or nginx html directory.
_1. If you have not done so already create a C:\LabWork directory on your development machine.
_2. Unzip C:\LabFiles\lab-angular-REST-starter.zip into your LabWork directory so that you end up with the following directory structure:
_3. Open a command prompt and navigate to the above directory.
_4. Start the Typescript compiler and embedded server using the following single command:
_5. Click Allow access if a window open.
The above command will start the embedded server and run the Typescript compiler with the "w" - Watch option. In watch mode the Typescript compiler will keep an eye on files in the project directory and sub-directories and will re-run the compile if any are changed (and saved) or added.
__6. Open a browser and enter the following address.
__7. Check that you briefly get a message about Angular initializing before seeing a blank screen. This is expected as currently the application doesn't have any data to display.
Get Ready For Angular 2.0
WA2588 Advanced Angular 2 Programming
This course is intended for those that already have a basic understanding of the Angular 2 fundamentals and now want to cover more advanced features the Angular 2 framework offers.
In this training, attendees will learn how to:
• Consume data from REST web services
• Consume WebSocket data
• Advanced Router Usage
• Angular Animations
• Testing and debugging Angular applications
• Best practices for Angular application style and organization
What is GitFlow
• GitFlow is a branching model for Git.
• Created by Vincent Driessen
• A set of git extensions to provide high-level repository operations.
• It's model is scalable. • Well suited to collaboratio
• Parallel development
• Isolates new development work from finished work
• Code is merged back into main body of code when developers are happy that code is ready for release.
• Release Staging Area
• New development work is merged back into the develop branch
• 'Develop' branch is a staging area for all completed features that haven't yet been released.
• Support for hotfixes
• Hotfix branches – branches made from a tagged release which can be used to make an emergency change.
Git for the Enterprise
WA2621 DevOps Foundations for Java with Git, Jenkins, and Maven
Web Age Solution's DevOps BootCamp course covers the DevOps principles and tools required for end-to-end implementation of DevOps.
In this training, attendees will learn:
• What DevOps is
• Version Control with Git
• Build Java Projects with Maven
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins
• Integrate Git with Jenkins
• Implement Continuous Code Quality with SonarQube
DAO Support in Spring
• A data access object (DAO) is a mechanism to read and write data from a database
• DAOs use underlying data access technologies such as JDBC or an ORM framework like Hibernate
• Spring DAO support is designed so it is easy to switch from one data access technology to another
• E.g. JDBC, Hibernate, JDO, etc
The data access object design pattern is a proven pattern in J2EE application architecture. Its primary purpose is to provide a way of keeping upper software layers decoupled from lower level data access technologies and infrastructural details so upper layers can concern themselves with business logic and not have to worry about data persistence. Spring recognizes the value of this pattern and provides a sophisticated framework based around it.
What’s new on Spring 4
WA2607 Comprehensive Spring Boot/Cloud
This course introduces Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and the Netflix OSS suite as a way of deploying highly resilient and scalable RESTful services and web applications.
In this training, attendees will learn:
• Create Spring Boot projects
• Use databases and JPA in Spring Boot
• Create RESTful services with Spring Boot
• Deploy services that use Netflix Eureka, Hystrix and Ribbon to create resilient and scalable services
Copyright © 2012-2016 Web Age Solutions Inc.