Browse Our Free Resources
550 6th Av SW
439 University Av
409 Granville St
436 York Road
• CD extends CI into deployment and operations
• Agile/XP speeds up the development process
• Include the Customer or Voice of the Customer
• Ensure releasable artifact after every iteration
• Nonetheless, Agile/XP releases fit into the standard Software Development Life Cycle
• A release engineering and deployment process follows the development process.
• Reflects traditional split between development and operations
Intersection of Agile and Devops + Continuous Integration and Jenkins + Devops Fundamentals
WA2621 DevOps Foundations for Java with Git, Jenkins, and Maven
DevOps is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that increases an organization's abil1ity to delivery applications and services at high velocity. Under a DevOps model, a development and operations teams are no longer "siloed". Quality assurance team also becomes more tightly integrated with development and operations and throughout the application lifecycle. Web Age Solution's DevOps BootCamp course covers the DevOps principles and tools required for end-to-end implementation of DevOps.
In this training, attendees will learn:
• What DevOps is
• Version Control with Git
• Build Java Projects with Maven
• Continuous Integration with Jenkins
• Integrate Git with Jenkins
• Implement Continuous Code Quality with SonarQube
• Groovy is an object oriented language
• It is based on Java platform.
• First released in 2007.
• It is distributed via the Apache License.
• Groovy can be executed in Jenkins in various ways:
• Script Console (http://localhost:8080/script)
• Execute system groovy script (Build step)
• Runs in Jenkins' JVM.
• Jenkins' system is available to the scripts
• Execute groovy script (Build step)
• Runs outside Jenkins' JVM.
• Jenkins' system isn't available to scripts
• Groovy PostBuild Plugin
• Pipeline Job Command
Overview of Groovy language
WA2321 Continuous Integration with Maven, Jenkins and Nexus
This course will provide students with an understanding of the Apache Maven build process, the principles of continuous integration, and the knowledge of how to implement continuous integration with automated test execution using Jenkins, Maven, and the Sonatype Nexus OSS repository manager. Students will use a local copy of Jenkins and to create and run Maven jobs, link to a version control system, run automated testing and generate development reports, and configure the system to log build reports and generated artifacts to a Nexus repository.
In this training, attendees will learn how to:
• Download and install Maven
• Build a project
• Work with Maven's directory structure, plugins, repositories, and more
• Understand the Project Object Model (POM)
• Build a complete web application using Maven
• Build and activate profiles
• Use Maven from Eclipse via the m2eclipse plugin
• Install and configure Jenkins in a servlet container
• Create Jenkins builds
• Configure and use Apache Ant and Apache Maven with Jenkins
• Use Jenkins to generate Java coding standards reports, code coverage reports, and change notices
• Use Jenkins to automatically deploy software into a testing environment
• Configure Maven and Jenkins to deploy the generated artifacts to Nexus
• Who are the folks using the various solutions?
• DevOps implementation basics
• DevOps implementation checklist
• Best practices
Embracing DevOps: Exploring the Best Practices and Patterns
WA2593 DevOps for Leaders
This two-day DevOps workshop is loaded with practical real-world information. From the foremost agile development training company, comes a course to move the dial on your organizations’ DevOps journey. You will leave this course loaded with knowledge on the available people, processes, culture, and tools for DevOps, ready to select what's right for your company and to roadmap the journey for your organization. The class provides two DevOps implementation case studies, a 30-60-90 roadmap to implementing DevOps in your organization, DevOps organizational maturity assessment, as well as, patterns and best practices to enable you to confidently lead a DevOps implementation. This class demystifies the fundamental shift from focusing only on the tools or scripting to using DevOps for measurably higher performance from organizations of all sizes for solving business problems in a timely manner.
In this training, attendees will learn how to:
• Confidently design a DevOps roadmap for your organization.
• Understand the various key components.
• Communication and evangelization of your DevOps progress.
• How automation is key to success
• Understand the key components; tools, processes, and people required
• Apply the knowledge to improve reliability of build & release processes
• Become literate in the vernacular of DevOps
• Learn the metrics and analytics that provide understanding of your organizational maturity
• Monitor your team and application lifecycle management effectiveness
• Understand how to create a culture that supports technology-enabled business
• Apply technology, people and process to shift left
• Map out the workforce strategy required for organizational success
• Compare other organizational journeys in DevOps to understand options and approaches
Copyright © 2012-2016 Web Age Solutions Inc.